Foil, Film & Foam Tapes
PE 100 FloorMate® Temporary Floor Tape
Specialty grade, low adhesion polyethylene masking tape designed for temporarily securing protective floor coverings to coated and cured wood floor finishes in residential and commercial applications, and can also be used on gym floors for temporary court marking, as well as on tile and other floor surfaces. PE 100 FloorMate® Temporary Floor Tape is durable to withstand heavy traffic, offers 30-day clean removal without leaving behind a residue or surface damage when removed from properly prepared/cured wood finishes, is conformable to create curves and will not tear or splinter.
Features & Benefits
- FloorMate® Temporary Floor Tape
- Specialty grade polyethylene masking tape
- Low adhesion
- Conformable and can create smooth, curved lines
- Will not tear or splinter
- For use on properly prepared and cured wood floor finishes
- Also used as a gym floor marking tape for creating temporary lines and boundaries
- Can also be used on other hard flooring surfaces, including sheet vinyl, wood laminates, engineered hardwood, tile, marble and granite
- CAUTION: Test tape in an inconspicuous area before using. Temporary use only. Finish damage is difficult/expensive to repair on wood floors, so assure preparation and finish application are done per finish manufacturer's recommendations. Allow finish to cure fully before applying tape. Remove tape slowly prior to 30 days on the floor. Please refer to the list of Lab-Tested Finishes.
- Backing: Modified polyethylene
- Adhesive: Acrylic-based adhesive
- Liner: NA
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||15 oz/in width||1.64 N/10 mm|
|Service Temperature Range||32 F to 160 F||0 C to 71 C|
|Tensile||11 lbs/in width||19.3 N/10 mm|
|Thickness||4.6 mils||0.12 mm|
|Water Vapor Transmission Rate||0.4 gm/100 sq in/24 hr||6.2 gm/msq/24 hr|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
Sizes & Colors
Lengths Available: 60.1 yd
Widths Available: 1.88 in, 2.83 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.