HP 800 Extremely Tough Hot Melt Packaging Tape
Extremely tough hot melt packaging tape used for manual and automated industrial sealing to create heavy duty carton seals to protect high-value items such as military supplies and electronics, as well as for sealing hazardous materials and chemicals. The strongest, thickest packaging tape available within the HP Series line, HP 800 delivers excellent high-tack adhesion and high abrasion and tear resistance, helping to ensure the tape lasts the life of the box.
Features & Benefits
- Heavy duty grade, extremely tough packaging tape
- Aggressive quick stick, bonding strength and holding power for a long-lasting, secure seal
- Instant, permanent bond to a wide range of substrates and surfaces
- Special release coating for consistent, low force unwind off the roll
- Performs reliably to the core for efficient tape consumption
- For manual or automated industrial carton sealing of heavy duty, critical closure cartons, including military supplies, high-value electronic components and hazardous materials and chemicals
- Backing: 50 micron polyester film
- Adhesive: Synthetic rubber/resin hot melt adhesive
- Liner: NA
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Backing||6 oz/in width||0.66 N/10 mm|
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||95 oz/in width||10.4 N/10 mm|
|Application Temperature Range||35 F to 110 F||2 C to 43 C|
|Holding Power to Fiberboard||45,000 minutes||45,000 minutes|
|Service Temperature Range||-20 F to 150 F||-29 C to 66 C|
|Tensile Strength - Longitudinal Direction||54 lbs/in width||94.6 N/10 mm|
|Thickness||3.4 mils||0.086 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
ASTM D 1974/D 1974M-16, ASTM D 5486M-12, Type I, Class 2, ASTM D 5486M-12, Type II, Class 2, CID A-A-1684C, FDA Indirect Contact CFR 21, 175.105, FDA Indirect Contact CFR 21, 177.1630
Sizes & Colors
Lengths Available: 54.6 yd, 1000 yd
Widths Available: 1.88 in, 2.83 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.