Foil, Film & Foam Tapes
MB 100CT Metal Building Insulation Seaming Tape
Unique three-layer construction of polypropylene film, fiberglass reinforcing scrim and metalized polyester make MB 100 the ideal seaming and sealing tape for VR-R plus insulation backings. MB 100 is mold-resistant and is coated with our high performing cold temperature adhesive, which allows the tape to be applied in temperatures ranging from -20 F to 220 F.
Features & Benefits
- Metal building insulation tape
- Seamless match
- Non-permeable, permanent bond
- Able to withstand extreme temperature fluctuations
- Moisture- and mold-resistant
- Unique three-layer construction: polyproylene film, fiberglass reinforcing scrim and metalized polyester
- Not recommended to paint over this product with any type of paint
- For seaming and sealing VR-R plus insulation backings
- Offers a seamless match when sealing, seaming and joining metal building insulation
- Backing: White metalized polypropylene
- Adhesive: Cold temperature acrylic
- Liner: NA
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||37 oz/in width||4.05 N/10 mm|
|Service Temperature Range||-20 F to 220 F||-29 C to 104 C|
|Tensile||26 lbs/in width||45.5 N/10 mm|
|Thickness - With Liner||10.8 mils||0.27 mm|
|Thickness - Without Liner||6.9 mils||0.18 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
Tested in accordance with UL 723
Sizes & Colors
Lengths Available: 50 yd
Widths Available: 2.83 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.