HP 250 Custom-Printed, Production Grade Hot Melt Packaging Tape
Production grade hot melt packaging tape that can be custom printed with a logo or message to prevent pilferage and allow personalization of outgoing cartons. For manual or automated industrial carton sealing of medium-weight cartons, HP 250 provides excellent holding power, superior performance and easy-to-read messaging.
Features & Benefits
- Production grade, medium duty packaging tape
- Custom-printed for personalization
- Instant, permanent bond to a wide range of substrates and surfaces
- Special release coating for consistent, low force unwind off the roll
- Performs reliably to the core for efficient tape consumption
- Also available in HP 150, HP 350, HP 450 and HP 550 grades
- Custom-printed to prevent pilferage and allow personalization of outgoing cartons
- For manual or automated industrial carton sealing of medium-weight cartons in normal manufacturing and shipping environments
- Backing: 30 micron cast biaxially oriented polypropylene film
- Adhesive: Synthetic rubber/resin hot melt adhesive
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Backing - Hand Rolls Only||18 oz/in width||1.97 N/10 mm|
|Adhesion to Backing - Machine Rolls Only||4 oz/in width||0.44 N/10 mm|
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||44 oz/in width||4.82 N/10 mm|
|Application Temperature Range||35 F to 110 F||2 C to 43 C|
|Holding Power to Fiberboard||15,000 minutes||15,000 minutes|
|Service Temperature Range||-20 F to 150 F||-29 C to 66 C|
|Tensile Strength - Longitudinal Direction||27 lbs/in width||47.3 N/10 mm|
|Tensile Strength - Transverse Direction||44 lbs/in width||77.1 N/10 mm|
|Thickness||1.9 mils||0.048 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
ASTM D 1974/D 1974M-16, CID A-A-1684C, FDA Indirect Contact CFR 21, 175.105
Sizes & Colors
Lengths Available: 100 m, 914 m
Widths Available: 48 mm, 72 mm
Standard Core Size: 3 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.
Where to Buy
Shurtape Packaging Tapes products can be found online or nationwide at the following preferred retailers. Check our Where to Buy page for more information on where to buy Shurtape products.