HP 235 Hot Melt Packaging Tape For Recycled Cartons
Specially formulated hot melt packaging tape for manual and automated industrial sealing of medium-weight, highly recycled cartons, particularly 100 percent recycled. HP 235 is designed with an enhanced adhesive system that offers higher shear, tack and adhesion to produce better seals, no matter the recycled content of the carton.
Features & Benefits
- Medium duty packaging tape for use on highly recycled or 100 percent PCW/OCC cartons
- Higher shear, tack and adhesion on recycled corrugated, recycled paper and a variety of other substrates
- Special release coating for consistent, low force unwind off the roll
- Performs reliably to the core for efficient tape consumption
- For manual and automated industrial sealing of medium-weight, highly recycled cartons, particularly 100 percent recycled
- Backing: 30 micron cast biaxially oriented polypropylene film
- Adhesive: Synthetic rubber/resin hot melt adhesive
- Liner: NA
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||50 oz/in width||5.47 N/10 mm|
|Application Temperature Range||35 F to 110 F||2 C to 43 C|
|Holding Power to Fiberboard||15,000 minutes||15,000 minutes|
|Service Temperature Range||-20 F to 150 F||-29 C to 66 C|
|Tensile Strength - Longitudinal Direction||27 lbs/in width||47.3 N/10 mm|
|Tensile Strength - Transverse Direction||44 lbs/in width||77.1 N/10 mm|
|Thickness||2.0 mils||0.05 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
ASTM D 1974/D 1974M-16, CID A-A-1684C, FDA Indirect Contact CFR 21, 175.105, FDA Indirect Contact CFR 21, 177.1520
Sizes & Colors
Lengths Available: 109.3 yd, 100 yd, 1500 yd
Widths Available: 1.88 in, 2.08 in, 2.83 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.