HP 232® Cold Environment, Production Grade Hot Melt Packaging Tape
Cold environment, production grade hot melt packaging tape for sealing medium-weight cartons in cold temperature environments, such as food processing and packaging facilities, as well as in cold weather moving/storage and unheated warehouses in cold climates. Engineered to deliver an instant, permanent bond to cartons, HP 232® is recommended for use in manual and automated industrial carton sealing applications in subfreezing temperatures ranging from 20 F to 75 F.
Features & Benefits
- Cold environment, medium duty packaging tape
- Instant, permanent bond in subfreezing temperatures
- Special release coating for consistent, low force unwind off the roll
- Performs reliably to the core for efficient tape consumption
- Also available with Standard Messaging: "Keep Frozen" & "Keep Refrigerated" (See HP 240 or contact your Shurtape Sales Representative for more details)
- For manual or automated industrial sealing of medium-weight cartons in cold temperature environments such as food processing and packaging facilities, as well as in cold weather moving/storage and unheated warehouses in cold climates
- Can be used in produce packaging, meat and poultry processing, and dairy facilities
- Backing: 30 micron cast biaxially oriented polypropylene film
- Adhesive: Synthetic rubber/resin hot melt adhesive
- Liner: NA
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||30 oz/in width||3.28 N/10 mm|
|Application Temperature Range||20 F to 75 F||-7 C to 24 C|
|Holding Power to Fiberboard||10,000 minutes||10,000 minutes|
|Service Temperature Range||-20 F to 100 F||-29 C to 38 C|
|Tensile Strength - Longitudinal Direction||27 lbs/in width||47.3 N/10 mm|
|Tensile Strength - Transverse Direction||44 lbs/in width||77.1 N/10 mm|
|Thickness||1.9 mils||0.048 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
CID A-A-1684C, FDA Indirect Contact CFR 21, 175.105, FDA Indirect Contact CFR 21, 177.1520
Sizes & Colors
Clear (CLR) White (WHI)
Lengths Available: 109.3 yd, 100 yd, 1500 yd
Widths Available: 1.88 in, 2.08 in, 2.83 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.
Where to Buy
Shurtape Packaging Tapes products can be found online or nationwide at the following preferred retailers. Check our Where to Buy page for more information on where to buy Shurtape products.