FP 115 High Performance Grade Flatback Kraft Paper Tape
Specially designed flatback kraft paper tape for roll start-up, splicing and end tabbing applications in the paper, tube and core manufacturing industries. FP 115 unwinds smoothly and consistently, tears cleanly by hand, and holds safely during processing at both ambient and elevated temperatures to keep work moving quickly and efficiently.
Features & Benefits
- High performance grade flatback paper tape
- Very high adhesion
- Quick bond and strong hold to smooth and porous papers, including 100 percent recycled paper
- Easy to start-up and unwind
- Resistant to moisture and humidity, which prevents the tape from lifting, puckering and curling
- For industrial splicing, start-up, tabbing, shingling and overlapping applications
- Effectively secures the paper to the core during roll start-up, holds the splice during processing and anchors the end of the roll securely
- Also ideal for tasks in which the tape must stick well to itself, including shingling and overlapping applications
- Backing: Flatback kraft paper
- Adhesive: Synthetic rubber-based adhesive
- Liner: NA
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||70 oz/in width||7.66 N/10 mm|
|Service Temperature Range||NA to 120 F||NA to 49 C|
|Tensile||40 lbs/in width||70.1 N/10 mm|
|Thickness||6.5 mils||0.17 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
ASTM D 6123/D 6123M-97 (2012), Type II
Sizes & Colors
Lengths Available: 60.1 yd
Widths Available: 1.88 in, 2.83 in, 3.77 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.