Foil, Film & Foam Tapes
AF 984CT Cold Temperature Foil/Scrim/Kraft Tape
UL 723 tested Foil/Scrim/Kraft (FSK) tape for sealing seams in scrim-reinforced duct insulation. Ideal for applications that demand a maximum-strength tape, AF 984CT is linered, offers an acrylic adhesive and can be used in temperatures ranging from -20 F to 260 F.
Features & Benefits
- Foil/Scrim/Kraft (FSK) tape
- Superior stability during extreme fluctuations in temperatures
- Wrinkle-free backing resists tearing
- Resists water vapor and smoke transmission
- For sealing seams in scrim-reinforced duct insulation
- Backing: Aluminum foil/fiberglass scrim/kraft paper
- Adhesive: Cold temperature, white acrylic-based adhesive
- Liner: Non-contaminating, siliconized, flat, white, paper release liner
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||64 oz/in width||7.0 N/10 mm|
|Service Temperature Range||-20 F to 260 F||-29 C to 127 C|
|Tensile||34 lbs/in width||59.5 N/10 mm|
|Thickness - With Liner||11.1 mils||0.28 mm|
|Thickness - Without Liner||7.4 mils||0.19 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
FSI 5/SDI 0, UL 723
Sizes & Colors
Lengths Available: 50 yd
Widths Available: 1.88 in, 2.83 in, 3.77 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.