For some, tape is pulled from the tool box to patch up small tears. For others, it’s a critical piece to getting the job done. And for Shurtape®, a leading producer of pressure-sensitive tapes, it’s a point of pride – which is why the company’s fleet of semi-trucks in North Carolina is hitting the road with a fresh new look and a bold message: Shurtape’s comprehensive line of tapes are proudly applied, relentlessly reliable and craftsman approved.
The company’s 11, 53-foot trucks, which travel between North Carolina facilities – located in Hudson, Stony Point, Hickory and the distribution center in Claremont – have been wrapped in custom graphics that highlight some of the company’s tape solutions, including:
- HVAC – Shurtape offers a variety of foil, composite and film tapes that produce airtight, permanent and waterproof seals with no leaks.
- Masking – With options for a variety of surfaces, Shurtape’s masking tapes deliver performance to be proud of.
- Packaging – Shurtape’s extensive offering includes HP Series packaging tape line, providing the highest holding power to fiberboard in the industry.
- Gaffer’s – Includes a complete line of matte-finished tapes for use in the motion picture, audio/visual, television, theatrical, photography and book-binding industries.
Two of the trucks also feature products offered by sister-company ShurTech Brands, LLC, Avon, Ohio, which markets a variety of tapes to the retail market, including:
- FrogTape® brand painter’s tape – The only tapes treated with patented PaintBlock® Technology, which prevents paint bleed and delivers sharp paint lines.
- Duck Tape® brand duct tape – Dad’s favorite fix-all, which is made right in North Carolina.
“Similar to the many tradesmen who wrap their trucks in graphics to promote their hard work, we wanted to turn our trucks into our own mobile billboards,” said Jeff Pierce, vice president of marketing. “These trucks travel countless miles between facilities and provide the perfect opportunity to communicate how proud we are to manufacture American-made, pressure-sensitive tapes for craftsmen with exacting standards.”