HICKORY, N.C. (September 2019) – True to your packaging line. True to Your Work®. That’s the focus at Shurtape Technologies, LLC, an industry-leading manufacturer and marketer of pressure-sensitive tapes. Exhibiting at Pack Expo, the largest event in the packaging industry, for its 17th year, Shurtape looks forward to connecting show attendees with the right packaging solutions for the way they do business.
Whether manual or automated case sealing, Shurtape® brand offers a variety of packaging tape and tape application technologies to help deliver secure seals, every time. Among the packaging solutions on display at this year’s show are:
- ShurSEAL® Packaging Solutions Featuring Air-Assisted Technology™: designed to significantly increase performance and results when sealing difficult cartons, including severely underfilled cartons, thin-wall corrugated cartons, long underfilled cartons, and tall-tippy cartons. Technology available for both the ShurSEAL 7000 and 8000 Series applicators.
- Production Monitoring for Automated Tape Application: allows manufacturers to keep a close eye on automated case sealing efficiency by monitoring case output, tape roll changes and case sealing failures to improve overall equipment effectiveness (OEE).
- Plus, a New Take on Table-Top Case Sealing: new technology that eliminates unnecessary – and wasteful – tape usage by taking the guesswork out of tape length selection.
Tried and True Packaging Solutions
- ShurSEAL® 8000 Series Automated Case Sealing Technology: featuring the Quick Change tape applicator, the 8000 Series tackles the downtime associated with slow tape roll changeovers – allowing for changeovers in less than 10 seconds – and promotes packaging line efficiency in high-speed, high-throughput operations.
- Folded Edge® (FE) Hand Dispensers: for manual case sealing applications, including L-Clip tape sealing, the Folded Edge hand dispenser is designed with the same patented Folded Edge® Technology available on ShurSEAL automated packaging systems, a feature that enhances tape application to create a more reliable, secure case seal. This feature folds both edges of the packaging tape along the length of the carton as it’s applied, delivering reinforced strength and ready to open seals that don’t require a knife.
- HP Series Packaging Tapes: offering the highest holding power to fiberboard in the industry, Hold Strong® with these case sealing tapes, no matter the application or environment. And, with Good to the Core® performance, every inch of tape is used – down to the core – to eliminate costly tape waste.
“The Sticky Truth is that case sealing issues, like stub rolls, budgeting for downtime and unsecure case seals have become the status quo in the packaging industry,” said Bradley Dunlap, product marketing manager, packaging, at Shurtape. “Packaging line inefficiency is assumed to be unavoidable, but this isn’t the case. The standard needs to change – and we’re here to start the conversation and connect users with the right packaging solutions for the way they do business.”
Visit Shurtape at booth LS-6607 during Pack Expo Las Vegas – September 23-25, 2019. For more information on choosing and using the right tape for the job, visit TapeUniversity.com, and for ShurSEAL Packaging Solutions, visit ShurSEALSecure.com.