Foil & Film Tapes
SF 686 UL 181B-FX Listed/Printed ShurMASTIC® Butyl Foil Tape
ShurMASTIC® butyl foil tape used for airtight and moisture-free sealing of Class 1 Flex Duct, sheet metal and duct wrap vapor barriers, and is also approved for subgrade application on PVC-coated duct. A paintable, UL 181B-FX Listed mastic on a roll for indoor or outdoor use, SF 686 is designed with a butyl rubber adhesive system that can withstand wide temperature variances once applied.
Features & Benefits
- Indoor/outdoor mastic foil tape
- UL 181B-FX Listed - clearly printed on the tape for quick identification
- Instant, water-resistant grip to most surfaces
- Paintable with paint recommended for aluminum
- Contains no asbestos, CFCs or PCBs
- For airtight and moisture-free sealing of Class 1 Flex Duct, sheet metal and duct wrap vapor barriers
- Also approved for subgrade application on PVC-coated duct
- Backing: Printed, 2 mil aluminum foil
- Adhesive: Non-flammable, butyl rubber adhesive
- Liner: NA
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||111 oz/in width||12.15 N/10 mm|
|Application Temperature Range||35 F to 110 F||1.7 C to 44 C|
|Service Temperature Range||-20 F to 200 F||-29 C to 93 C|
|Tensile||23.8 lbs/in width||41.7 N/10 mm|
|Thickness||17.0 mils||0.43 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
UL 181B-FX, UL Listed, Pressure Classes SMACNA 1/2, 1, 2, 3, 4 & 6, Seal Classes A, B, C, UL 723
Sizes & Colors
Silver Printed (SPT)
Lengths Available: 100 ft
Widths Available: 2 in, 3 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.