Cloth & Duct Tapes
MJ 100 Fiberglass Mesh Tape
Open weave fiberglass mesh tape used for reinforcing joints, seams and connections when paint-on mastic is used in HVAC applications, and can also be applied to drywall seams before the application of joint compound. MJ 100 drywall tape is self-adhering and offers superior strength compared to paper.
Features & Benefits
- Professional grade open weave fiberglass mesh drywall tape
- Light adhesive on one side for non-slipping
- Width selection provides ample support for mastic coat
- Fabric count - 8 ends by 8 picks for superior strength
- For reinforcing joints, seams and connections when paint-on mastic is used in HVAC applications
- Can also be applied to drywall seams before the application of joint compound
- Backing: Fiberglass mesh
- Adhesive: Water-based acrylic adhesive
- Liner: NA
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||8 oz/in width||0.88 N/10 mm|
|Tensile||75.5 lbs/in width||132.2 N/10 mm|
|Thickness||9.0 mils||0.23 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
Sizes & Colors
Lengths Available: 150 ft, 300 ft
Widths Available: 1.88 in, 3 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.