Foil, Film & Foam Tapes
MB 200CT Metal Building Insulation Seaming Tape
MB 200 is engineered with a three-layer construction of polypropylene film, multi-directional fiberglass reinforcing scrim and natural kraft backing making it the ideal seaming and sealing tape for White Metalized Polypropylene insulation backings. Medium duty MB 200 is mold-resistant and is coated with our high performing cold temperature adhesive, allowing it to be applied in temperatures ranging from -20 F to 220 F.
Features & Benefits
- Medium duty metal building insulation tape
- Seamless match
- Non-permeable, permanent bond
- Able to withstand extreme temperature fluctuations
- Moisture- and mold-resistant
- Unique three-layer construction: polypropylene film, multi-directional fiberglass reinforcing scrim and natural kraft
- For medium duty seaming and sealing White Metalized Polypropylene insulation backings
- Offers a seamless match when sealing, seaming and joining metal building insulation
- Backing: White metalized polypropylene
- Adhesive: Cold temperature acrylic
- Liner: NA
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||64 oz/in width||7.0 N/10 mm|
|Service Temperature Range||-20 F to 220 F||-29 F to 104 C|
|Tensile||37 lbs/in width||64.8 N/10 mm|
|Thickness - With Liner||10.6 mils||0.27 mm|
|Thickness - Without Liner||6.7 mils||0.17 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
Sizes & Colors
Lengths Available: 50 yd
Widths Available: 2.83 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.