Foil, Film & Foam Tapes
LR 117 Linerless Rubber Electrical Tape
30 mil, all-weather linerless rubber tape that is compatible with all extruded dielectric cable insulations, is rated for insulating splices and terminations in wires and cables up to 69,000 V, and has an emergency overload capacity of 130 C. High voltage LR 117 is a self-bonding, highly conformable and UV-resistant electrical tape that delivers high stretch capabilities to form void-free moisture seals when creating splices.
Features & Benefits
- 30 mil linerless, self-bonding EPR tape
- Highly conformable
- High elongation (stretch) - Physical and chemical properties unaffected by the amount of stretch applied Resistant to moisture, corrosion, chemicals, corona and ozone
- For insulating splices and terminations up to 69,000 V
- Also used for insulating and protecting bus bars up to 35,000 V
- Can be used to seal electrical splices from moisture
- Also for jacketing for applications greater than 69,000 V
- Compatible with all extruded dielectric cable insulations
- For indoor and outdoor use
- Backing: Ethylene propylene
- Adhesive: Rubber-based adhesive
- Liner: NA
Properties & Technical Data
|Continuous Operating Temperature Max||194 F||90 C|
|Dielectric Breakdown||23,400 V||23,400 V|
|Dielectric Strength||780 V/mil||780 V/mil|
|Emergency Overload Temperature||266 F||130 C|
|Tensile||400 psi||400 psi|
|Thickness||30.0 mils||0.762 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
ASTM-D-4325, ASTM-D-4388, ASTM-D-570
Sizes & Colors
Lengths Available: 30 ft
Widths Available: 3/4 in, 1 in, 1-1/2 in, 2 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.