HP 260 Surface Printable, Production Grade Hot Melt Packaging Tape
Production grade hot melt packaging tape used in manual and automated industrial carton sealing of medium-weight cartons in everyday manufacturing and shipping environments. HP 260 is directly printable with all leading brands of solvent inks and delivers faster drying times for more efficient use of machines and superior ink anchorage without pickoff.
Features & Benefits
- Production grade, medium duty packaging tape
- Surface printable with leading brands of solvent inks
- Instant, permanent bond to a wide range of substrates and surfaces
- Special release coating for consistent, low force unwind off the roll
- For use on Siat L33, L36, L233 (or equivalent) surface printing presses
- For manual sealing of medium-weight cartons in normal manufacturing and shipping environments
- May also be used in automated industrial carton sealing applications
- Backing: Directly printable, 30 micron biaxially oriented polypropylene cast film
- Adhesive: Synthetic rubber/resin hot melt adhesive
- Liner: NA
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Backing||4 oz/in width||0.44 N/10 mm|
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||44 oz/in width||4.82 N/10 mm|
|Application Temperature Range||35 F to 110 F||2 C to 43 C|
|Holding Power to Fiberboard||15,000 minutes||15,000 minutes|
|Service Temperature Range||-20 F to 150 F||-29 C to 66 C|
|Tensile Strength - Longitudinal Direction||27 lbs/in width||47.3 N/10 mm|
|Tensile Strength - Transverse Direction||44 lbs/in width||77.1 N/10 mm|
|Thickness||1.9 mils||0.048 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
ASTM D 1974/D 1974M-16, CID A-A-1684C, FDA Indirect Contact CFR 21, 175.105, FDA Indirect Contact CFR 21, 177.1520
Sizes & Colors
White (WHI) Tan (TAN) Clear (CLR)
Lengths Available: 1000 yd, 1500 yd, 2000 yd
Widths Available: 5.66 in, 11.96 in, 11.33 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.