HP 132® Cold Environment Hot Melt Packaging Tape
Cold environment hot melt packaging tape for manual or automated industrial sealing of lightweight cartons in environments such as food processing and packaging facilities, as well as in cold weather moving/storage and unheated warehouses. An economical tape that's applicable in temperatures ranging from 20 F to 75 F, HP 132® produces a quick initial bond and offers continuous holding power.
Features & Benefits
- Cold environment, light duty packaging tape
- Instant, permanent bond in subfreezing temperatures
- Special release coating for consistent, low force unwind off the roll
- Performs reliably to the core for efficient tape consumption
- For manual or automated industrial sealing of lightweight cartons in cold temperature environments such as food processing and packaging facilities, as well as in cold weather moving/storage and unheated warehouses
- Backing: 25 micron cast biaxially oriented polypropylene film
- Adhesive: Synthetic rubber/resin hot melt adhesive
- Liner: NA
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||30 oz/in width||3.28 N/10 mm|
|Application Temperature Range||20 F to 75 F||-7 C to 24 C|
|Holding Power to Fiberboard||10,000 minutes||10,000 minutes|
|Service Temperature Range||-20 F to 100 F||-29 C to 38 C|
|Tensile Strength - Longitudinal Direction||21 lbs/in width||36.8 N/10 mm|
|Tensile Strength - Transverse Direction||36 lbs/in width||63.0 N/10 mm|
|Thickness||1.6 mils||0.04 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
CID A-A-1684C, FDA Indirect Contact CFR 21, 175.105, FDA Indirect Contact CFR 21, 177.1520
Sizes & Colors
Lengths Available: 109.3 yd, 100 yd, 1500 yd
Widths Available: 1.88 in, 2.08 in, 2.83 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.