GS 531 Premium Grade Fiberglass Reinforced Strapping Tape
Premium grade fiberglass reinforced strapping tape for heavy duty closing, strapping, packaging, protecting, bundling, reinforcing, sealing, unitizing, palletizing and L-Clip applications that demand maximum security. With high tensile strength, good adhesion and a durable polyester backing that resists tearing, GS 531 is made to withstand the rigors of the distribution network.
Features & Benefits
- Premium grade fiberglass reinforced strapping tape
- High tensile strength and tear resistance
- Good adhesion, quick stick and shock resistance for heavy duty, maximum security jobs
- Moisture- and solvent-resistant
- Will not delaminate, split or crack
- For heavy duty, maximum security closing, strapping, packaging, protecting, bundling, reinforcing, sealing, unitizing, palletizing and L-Clip applications
- Backing: Fiberglass reinforced, polyester film (PET)
- Adhesive: Synthetic rubber/resin hot melt adhesive
- Liner: NA
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||70 oz/in width||7.66 N/10 mm|
|Service Temperature Range||-10 F to 150 F||-23 C to 66 C|
|Tensile||300 lbs/in width||525.4 N/10 mm|
|Thickness||6.7 mils||0.17 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
ASTM D 5330, Type II, FDA Indirect Contact CFR 21, 175.105, FDA Indirect Contact CFR 21, 177.1520
Sizes & Colors
Lengths Available: 60.1 yd
Widths Available: 0.47 in, 0.7 in, 0.94 in, 1.41 in, 1.88 in, 3.77 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.