GS 496 Directly Printable, Production Grade Fiberglass Reinforced Strapping Tape
Production grade, fiberglass-reinforced hot melt strapping tape for use on Siat L33, L36 and L233 (or equivalent) surface printing presses. GS 496 is directly printable with all leading brands of solvent inks and delivers faster drying times for more efficient use of machines, superior ink anchorage without pickoff and exclusive release-coat technology for consistent, quiet unwind.
Features & Benefits
- Production grade, fiberglass-reinforced strapping tape
- Surface printable with leading brands of solvent inks
- Special release coating for consistent, low force unwind off the roll
- For use on Siat L33, L36, L233 (or equivalent) surface printing presses
- For general purpose strapping, packaging, bundling and palletizing applications
- Backing: Directly printable, fiberglass reinforced, cast biaxially oriented polypropylene film
- Adhesive: Synthetic rubber/resin hot melt adhesive
- Liner: NA
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||70 oz/in width||7.66 N/10 mm|
|Service Temperature Range||-10 F to 150 F||-23 C to 66 C|
|Tensile||100 lbs/in width||175.1 N/10 mm|
|Thickness||4.3 mils||0.11 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
FDA Indirect Contact CFR 21, 175.105, FDA Indirect Contact CFR 21, 177.1520
Sizes & Colors
Lengths Available: 360.8 yd
Widths Available: 5.66 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.