Masking & Paper Tapes
FP 97 General Purpose Grade Flatback Kraft Paper Tape
General purpose grade flatback paper tape used for hand and machine carton sealing, as well as splicing and general purpose packaging, binding, holding, tabbing, reinforcing, banding and patching applications. Constructed with an aggressive adhesive that offers excellent holding power and a strong, flexible kraft backing, FP 97 meets FDA specifications for indirect food contact.
Features & Benefits
- General purpose grade flatback paper tape
- Very high adhesion
- Excellent quick stick and holding power
- High cross-directional strength
- Resistant to curling, abrasion and water
- For hand and machine carton sealing
- Also used for splicing various substrates
- Also used for general purpose packaging, binding, holding, tabbing, reinforcing, banding and patching applications
- Can also be used in floor seaming applications
- Backing: Extensible, kraft, flatback paper
- Adhesive: Synthetic rubber-based adhesive
- Liner: NA
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||110 oz/in width||12.04 N/10 mm|
|Service Temperature Range||60 F to 150 F||16 C to 66 C|
|Tensile||35 lbs/in width||61.3 N/10 mm|
|Thickness||6.0 mils||0.15 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
ASTM D 6123/D 6123M-97 (2012), Type II, FDA Indirect Contact CFR 21, 174.5, FDA Indirect Contact CFR 21, 175.105, FDA Indirect Contact CFR 21, 176.170, FDA Indirect Contact CFR 21, 176.180
Sizes & Colors
Lengths Available: 60.1 yd
Widths Available: 0.94 in, 1.41 in, 1.88 in, 2.83 in, 4 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.