Masking & Paper Tapes
FP 96 Packaging Grade Flatback Kraft Paper Tape
Packaging grade flatback paper tape used for hand and machine carton sealing and splicing, as well as for general purpose packaging, binding, holding, tabbing, reinforcing, banding and patching applications. Strong, flexible and conformable, FP 96 is constructed with an aggressive, rubber-based adhesive that delivers excellent quick stick and holding power, even in cold weather.
Features & Benefits
- Packaging grade flatback paper tape
- Very high adhesion
- High cross-directional strength
- Resistant to curling, abrasion, water, solvents and oil
- Can be used for "shingling" (tape-on-tape)
- For hand and machine carton sealing
- Also used for splicing various substrates
- Also used for general purpose packaging, binding, holding, tabbing, reinforcing, banding and patching applications
- Backing: Extensible, kraft, flatback paper
- Adhesive: Rubber-based adhesive
- Liner: NA
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||90 oz/in width||9.85 N/10 mm|
|Service Temperature Range||50 F to 150 F||10 C to 66 C|
|Tensile||36 lbs/in width||63.0 N/10 mm|
|Thickness||6.1 mils||0.15 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
ASTM D 6123/D 6123M-97 (2012), Type II
Sizes & Colors
Lengths Available: 60.1 yd
Widths Available: 0.7 in, 0.94 in, 1.41 in, 1.88 in, 2.83 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.