Foil, Film & Foam Tapes
High Temperature PVC Fineline Masking Tape
Performance grade, highly conformable PVC fineline masking tape designed for use in transportation, marine and automotive OEM and aftermarket finishing. FLC 280 Blue offers a waterproof and solvent-resistant solution for crisp, fineline edges when compound and tight radius curves are needed.
Features & Benefits
- Solvent- and moisture-resistant
- Highly conformable for use in compound and tight radius curves
- Clean removability after bake cycle
- Can withstand high-temperature bake cycles (280 F up to 45 min)
- For demanding, high-temperature paint masking and metal fabrication applications in the transportation (auto, coaches, buses and marine) industry
- Also used for metal preparation, painting, coating and gel coat masking
- Used when crisp fineline edges and compound, tight radius curves are needed
- Backing: PVC Film
- Adhesive: Rubber-based adhesive
- Liner: NA
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||26 oz/in width||2.84 N/10 mm|
|Service Temperature Range||40 F to 280 F||4 C to 138 C|
|Tensile||11 lbs/in width||19.3 N/10mm|
|Thickness||5.0 mils||0.13 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
Sizes & Colors
Lengths Available: 36 yds
Widths Available: 0.25 inch, 0.50 inch
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.