DP 50 General Purpose Grade Double-Coated Polyester Film Tape
General purpose grade double-coated polyester film tape for mounting plastic parts, rubber profiles, and extruded parts and profiles, as well as for bonding electronic components. Good initial tack, excellent adhesion to a variety of surfaces and conformability to irregular surfaces make DP 50 suitable for use in an array of applications, including critical bond applications.
Features & Benefits
- General purpose grade double-coated polyester film tape
- Excellent adhesion to multiple surfaces
- Great initial tack
- Excellent conformability to most irregular surfaces
- Superior moisture resistance in high humidity environments
- For mounting plastic parts, rubber profiles and extruded parts and profiles
- Can also be used for bonding electronic components
- Backing: Polyester (PET) film
- Adhesive: Solvent-based acrylic adhesive
- Liner: White poly-coated kraft liner
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||65 oz/in width||7.11 N/10 mm|
|Service Temperature Range||-4 F to 176 F||-20 C to 80 C|
|Tensile||7.5 lbs/in width||13.1 N/10 mm|
|Thickness - With Liner||7 mils||0.18 mm|
|Thickness - Without Liner||3.5 mils||0.09 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
Sizes & Colors
Lengths Available: 54.6 yd
Widths Available: 1.88 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.