Masking & Paper Tapes
CP 901 High Performance Grade, High Temperature, High Adhesion Steel Pipe Masking Tape
High performance grade, excellent adhesion masking tape designed exclusively for the oil and natural gas industry for steel pipe masking to protect pipe ends as anti-corrosion powder coating is applied. Designed for temperatures up to 350 F, but capable of withstanding temperatures up to 475 F for short durations, CP 901 delivers quick stick performance, excellent adhesion to hot pipes, and easy, residue-free removal.
Features & Benefits
- High performance grade, high temperature steel pipe masking tape
- Easy to unwind
- High initial tack enables quick and secure tabbing onto pipes
- Residue- and splinter-free removal
- Can withstand 450-460 F temperatures for short time durations (1-2 min)
- For steel pipe masking to protect pipe ends as anti-corrosion powder coating is applied
- Tested for Fusion Bonded Epoxy (FBE) coating process, as well as in high speed FBE and longer duration Fusion Bonded Epoxy and Abrasion Resistant Overcoat (FBE + ARO) processes
- Backing: Fine structured crepe (FSC)
- Adhesive: Rubber-based adhesive
- Liner: NA
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||41 oz/in width||4.49 N/10 mm|
|Service Temperature Range||60 F to 350 F||16 C to 176 C|
|Tensile||24 lbs/in width||42.0 N/10 mm|
|Thickness||6.4 mils||0.16 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
ASTM D 6123/D 6123M-97 (2012), Type I
“We worked hand-in-hand with Shurtape to make a tape that worked for both of our coating plants. These mills required a unique design and Shurtape was able to accomplish exactly what we needed. This was done by being thorough, listening to our needs, and producing an extremely consistent product.” -Ryan Norris, Vice President/General Manager, Dura-Bond
Sizes & Colors
Lengths Available: 60.1 yd
Widths Available: 1.88 in, 2.83 in, 3.77 in, 4.72 in, 5.66 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.