Masking & Paper Tapes
CP 650 High Performance Grade, High Temperature, Medium-High Adhesion Masking Tape
High performance grade, medium-high adhesion masking tape designed for demanding, high temperature painting applications in the transportation industry. A user-friendly tape solution, CP 650 unwinds smoothly, withstands temperatures up to 325 F, and offers warm or cold removal with no adhesive residue left behind.
Features & Benefits
- High performance grade, high temperature masking tape
- Medium-high adhesion
- Clean, flat edges for sharper paint lines
- Warm or cold residue-free removal
- Temperature-resistant up to 325 F
- For demanding, high temperature paint masking and metal fabrication applications in the transportation (auto, coaches, buses and marine) industry
- Also used for metal preparation, painting, coating and gel coat masking
- Recommended for indoor use only
- Backing: Smooth crepe paper
- Adhesive: Rubber-based adhesive
- Liner: NA
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||37 oz/in width||4.05 N/10 mm|
|Service Temperature Range||NA to 325 F||NA to 163 C|
|Tensile||28 lbs/in width||49.0 N/10 mm|
|Thickness||6.6 mils||0.17 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
AMS-T-21595, ASTM D 6123/D 6123M-97 (2012), Type I
Sizes & Colors
Lengths Available: 60.1 yd
Widths Available: 0.7 in, 0.94 in, 1.41 in, 1.88 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.