Masking & Paper Tapes
CF 740 High Performance Grade, High Temperature, Medium-High Adhesion Masking Tape
High performance grade, medium-high adhesion masking tape for demanding industrial applications in the transportation and metal fabrication industries, as well as for EPDM rubber insulation protection. CF 740 is built to withstand high temperatures up to 350 F and removes cleanly with no residue or paint flake after baking and extended application periods.
Features & Benefits
- High performance grade, high temperature masking tape
- Medium-high adhesion
- Clean, flat edges for sharper paint lines
- Residue-free removal with no paint flake after baking and extended application periods
- Temperature-resistant up to 350 F
- For high temperature, demanding industrial paint masking applications in the transportation (auto, coaches, buses and marine) and metal fabrication industries
- Also used for EPDM rubber insulation protection
- Recommended for indoor use only
- Backing: Fine structured crepe (FSC)
- Adhesive: Rubber-based adhesive
- Liner: NA
Properties & Technical Data
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel||39 oz/in width||4.27 N/10 mm|
|Service Temperature Range||45 F to 350 F||7 C to 176 C|
|Tensile||25 lbs/in width||43.8 N/10 mm|
|Thickness||6.3 mils||0.16 mm|
Physical and performance characteristics shown above are obtained from tests recommended by PSTC, ASTM, government agencies or Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Quality Assurance and Technical Service departments and do not represent a guarantee of product performance. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these averages. The user should determine whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s method of application before use.
ASTM D 6123/D 6123M-97 (2012), Type I
Sizes & Colors
Lengths Available: 60.1 yd
Widths Available: 0.7 in, 0.94 in, 1.41 in, 1.88 in
Sizes and colors disclaimer: Lead times may apply. Please contact Shurtape customer service for information related to stock and non-stock sizes and colors.
Storage & Usage Conditions
Tape should be stored in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight and should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Surfaces to which tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.
Where to Buy
Shurtape Masking & Paper Tapes products can be found online or nationwide at the following preferred retailers. Check our Where to Buy page for more information on where to buy Shurtape products.