FloorMate® – A Better Way to Temporarily Tape Wood Floors
Applying paper tape on wood floors can cause damage not only to the finish, but also to your reputation and bottom line. Some applications, however, require taping – for those, there’s FloorMate® temporary floor tape.
Designed to address the growing popularity of water-based, wood floor finishes, FloorMate provides several performance benefits when temporarily taping wood floors*, including:
• Low adhesion to remove easily with no finish damage
• Clean removal for up to 30 days
• Durability to withstand heavy traffic (polyethylene backing)
• No tearing or splintering
• Flexibility to conform well to a variety of surfaces
• Properly prepared and cured water-based, wood floor finishes.
• Hard flooring surfaces, including sheet vinyl, wood laminates, engineered hardwood, tile, marble and granite
How to Remove FloorMate
• For best results, remove slowly and at nearly a 180 degree angle to the surface
• Remove within 30 days of application
In construction and remodeling projects, FloorMate is particularly useful for taping wood floors for safety, such as securing protective floor coverings like kraft, rosin paper and drop cloths. FloorMate can also save time on the job by allowing you to tape directly to the floor when taping off baseboards, eliminating the need for a two-step process to complete the job.
For institutional settings, FloorMate offers a quick-to-apply, durable option for creating temporary boundary lines and other court markings on gym floors.
Where to Buy FloorMate
• Available at Sherwin-Williams® stores nationwide
• Authorized Shurtape distributors
*CAUTION: Test tape in an inconspicuous area before using. Temporary use only. Water-based finish damage is difficult and expensive to repair on wood floors, so assure preparation and finish application are done per finish manufacturer’s recommendations. Allow finish to cure fully before applying tape.